Hi all, I’d love some guidance with regards to whether I should apply with what I currently have or if I should wait to receive an offer. I am currently sponsored by an employer in the UK (past 3 years), but just left that role and now looking to pursue startups. I am pursuing the Exceptional Talent visa and would like to leave the UK for the winter break so I am largely tempted to apply as soon as possible.
My salary was above the 90th percentile of salaries, according to this resource which has been shared a few times in the threads (thanks so much for all your valuable insights!).
I also hold a pretty significant number of shares for my last workplace.
The job offer (or 2) that I’m pursuing would be upwards of the 95th/96th percentile.
Here are the documents I’ve prepared already if it helps for context:
Mandatory criteria evidence
- Letter from a senior client highlighting my work and achievements
- Contract: (can’t decide if my last job + proof of my equity, or await higher-paying offer(s))
Second one: proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the field
3. I have a letter of recommendation from a place I mentored at twice
4. I spoke at an event earlier this month (100+ attendees) so will show screenshots of that. Can’t decide if I should use this as evidence for this criteria or for the mandatory criteria (events are mentioned as examples there too)
Third one: they have made significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as an employee of a product-led digital technology company
5. I have a letter of recommendation from a senior person at my workplace highlighting the impact I’ve made
My 3 questions
- Any general feedback on my package?
- Do you think I’m good to apply already, and say I’m in final stages with companies in a cover letter, flexing their salaries. OR Do I wait (potentially a couple of weeks) till I receive an offer and show that as my evidence of commanding a high salary. Basically, would a 90th percentile salary do it or they expect higher than that?
- Any thoughts on which criteria I should attach the event I spoke at to?
Thank you so very much for all your help, this discourse has been incredible to read.