Please rate my profile for Exceptional Promise/Talent!

Hello! Here is what I am going to submit to tech nation; I am also not sure whether I should submit my application to talent or promise, so looking for your advice :slight_smile:

Personal Statement
Timeline of my studies, my work experience, and my startup experience. In the end, I describe why I should come to the UK

CV
Work experience ~4 years, awards, blog posts, and open-source contributions.

Letters of recommendation

1. US, co-founder of a billion-dollar startup, worked as CTO in multiple companies, we work together on a startup - He describes work experience with me and my strengths and also tells why I should get a UK talent visa.
  2. US, CEO and Founder of a large retail company - I lead the project of a Machine Learning forecasting dashboard for them. He describes my work and tells why I should get a UK talent visa.
  3. UK, CTO of a Virtual Reality company - I worked with his company on a virtual reality project and helped integrate Machine Learning into their startup. He tells about the work with me and why it is important for me to get a UK talent visa
  4. Russia, one of the investors of my company, Founder of a large IT copmpany - he describes me as a company leader and tells how I will contribute to UK machine learning field.
  5. US, university professor, chair of the physics department - he describes my open source contributions and how they help researchers and Machine Learning developers in the field

Mandatory
Reason:
Outside of your normal day-to-day job role, you led or were a significant contributor to a substantial open source project, as evidenced from compilation of code commit summaries, repo stars or similar metrics such as download statistics, where possible.

1. Open Source repository - 160 stars, 40 forks, 13k visits, on first pages of google for this specific topic + repository mentions in social media.
  2. Open Source repository - 143 stars, 11 forks, 12k visits, 16k downloads of the library, on first pages of google for this specific topic + repository mentions in social media

You have received nationally or internationally recognised prizes or awards for excellence specifically in the digital technology sector, as evidenced by the award itself, reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your achievement, or as evidenced by news clippings or similar evidence.

1. 1st place in the worldwide Machine Learning competition - 1st out of 2000 participants from different countries, large cash price, screenshots of solution, and mentions from other participants
  2. 4th place in the worldwide Machine Learning competition - 4th out of 300 participants from different countries, cash price, screenshots of the solution, and mentions from other participants
  3. 6th place in 2020, and 2021 in International Data Science Olympiad - 6th twice out of more than 1000 participants from different countries, screenshots and repositories of the solution, the letter from organizers

Optional
How do I demonstrate that I have been recognized for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?

1. 2 small GitHub repositories with 20-30 stars on each one, a letter from a person in a machine learning field who uses repositories and is really grateful for my contributions.
  2. 3-5 blogposts with 13-40k views on each one and first places on google search.

How do I demonstrate that I have made significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company?

1. Description of my contribution to the work of BEIS department of England, while I was working at one of the companies as Machine Learning Engineer. Letter from my Lead Engineer about working with me and my contribution. We managed to increase significantly the speed of document search and classification in the department
  2. Description of my work at my small US startup + revenue numbers + letter describing our work from one of the clients
2 Likes

@Francisca_Chiedu @Victrr Would be really happy to hear your thoughts!

Some things I noted:

• I see you listed 5 recommendation letters , you’re only required to provide 3. I’ll just say 1-3 is a good choice (for me)

• I think your MC is strong

• Your OC3 (significant technical contributions) for number 1, did you state the impact of your work as a lead engineer ?

• You can remove the 6th place evidence in MC

• You can always repeat evidence if they’re applicable to the criteria, I think you could add one of the open source repo in MC (either the 160 stars or 143 stars own) to your OC2 (work outside immediate occupation) to make it 3 evidence

• You may also add 1 more evidence to your OC3 to make it stronger.

• So in total, it would be 4(MC), 3(OC2), 3(OC3)

Overall, I think you have an impressive profile especially considering the open source contributions which is a strong evidence for TN. Good Luck

I decided that I will add 3 main and 2 additional in case any letter from first 3 will be considered irrelevant

I was one of ML Engineers in the project responsible for several ML components, this components significantly speed up the way document retrieval is done in the BEIS department, I will include it in the evidence, thanks for suggestion!

This is a great advice, thanks! Does it mean that the same document can go both to mandatory and optional requirements?

Thank you very much for your feedback @Victrr!

Yes you can repeat the same evidence if they fit the criteria

2 Likes

I’m going over the recommendation letters again, and I think I had an oversight for number 1 and 2 which is the " co-founder of a billion-dollar startup" and CEO of a retail company. I have doubts if these people meet the guideline for TN recommendation letters.

• Is the billion dollar company a digital technology/ digital product led company ?

Good, you’ll need to state the impact or metrics of your contributions

1 Like
  • Is the billion dollar company a digital technology/ digital product led company ?
    Yes it is an analytics company
    For the retail company they also are in ecommerce, so it is also an IT field
1 Like

Alright, you’re good in my personal opinion.

1 Like

@artkulakov
Have you applied or got endorsement?

1 Like

Hello, Samuel! I applied on 19th October, still waiting

Got endorsed on the 23rd of November. I have been waiting for more than a month and almost lost hope :slight_smile: I applied as a talent but received a promise instead.
My edits history:
Applied - 19th October
1st Edit - 31st October
2nd Edit - 14th November
3rd Edit - 23rd November 17:23 GMT+5
4th Edit - 23rd November 20:32 GMT+5
Endorsed - 23rd November 23:31 GMT+5

3 Likes

Congratulations! Did they give reasons why you received promise instead of talent?

No, they don’t share the reasons, unfortunately

Congratulations on your endorsement

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I would discourage you from asking/using templates.

Read - https://technation.io/visa-tech-nation-visa-guide/#document-checklist

I don’t think anyone on this forum would help you with a readily available template.

You’ll have to make those documents by yourself. Ofcourse you could ask for specific doubts while crafting those documents.