Please help review my Promise Application

Hi there,

I would love to get feedback on my exceptional Promise/Talent application. I don’t know which to apply for. Thank you so much in advance.

Here are quick facts about me:

• Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, in 2021

• Founded a fintech while in university and did over N10 million(Nigerian naira)

• Was CTO of a fintech company that did over $1million in revenue

• Worked as a software engineer for one of the biggest crypto startups in Africa where the app I built and managed has over 100,000 users

• Built the payment infrastructure of a YC(S21) company

• Founded a marketing automation startup with users from the UK and North America

• Aside my startup, currently an engineering lead at a Singaporean startup

Some of these experiences were acquired while still in school. I have about 2 years of work experience after school. But overall, I have about 5 years of professional experience.

LOR

1. Letter from a Founder and CTO who is an investor in my startup
  2. Letter from the CTO of my current company in Singapore
  3. Letter from the CEO of a health NGO I built an AI chatbot for. This product got featured in NASDAQ and got funded by UKaid and NIHR.

MC

How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector?

1. You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services, as evidenced by commercial or employment contracts with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.
  • Last salary slip and contract
  1. You led the marketing or business development at a product-led digital technology company, demonstrably enabling substantial revenue and/or customer growth or major commercial success, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, senior global commercial executives inside the company and/or at company partners/customers, or similar evidence.
  • Letter of recommendation from my CEO in a Singaporean startup.

OC 1

How do I demonstrate that I have a proven track record or examples of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder or senior executive of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept?

Evidence of innovation/product development, proof of product in market and associated traction through revenue:

• Startup a founded while in school
  • My current startup with users from the UK and US

Evidence of employment contract with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.

• Current Salary
  • Salary and contract detailing equity in startup I was CTO

OC 2

How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?

• Mentor at Google developer Group(GDG) in my state
  • Speaker at a Google Developer Student Club(GDSC) workshop in my alma mater
  • Mentor at Hackaton

OC 3

How do I demonstrate that I have made significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company?

• Startup, I was a CTO that did over $1 million in revenue. Detailing technical contributions
  • Startup, I work as an engineering lead in Singapore. Detailing technical contributions

Good package. I think LORs are OK.

Your MC is weak as it is and ought to be your strongest one. You need to select only two OCs (from what I see, OC2 and OC3 are more feasible). Move current OC1 evidences to OC3.

Use

• Mentor at Google developer Group(GDG) in my state
  • Speaker at a Google Developer Student Club(GDSC) workshop in my alma mater

under MC as well

Also, use

• Startup, I was a CTO that did over $1 million in revenue. Detailing technical contributions

under MC as well.

This is a starting point. You may check back again once you’ve put things together in a ready state.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @ask4jubad. Will work on the feedback

1 Like

You need to improve your mandatory criteria to show your have been recognised as a potential leader. You can use evidence of speaking at a conference, publications about you if any, awards,

1 Like

Thank you @Francisca_Chiedu

Here is the updated application.

LOR

• Letter from a Founder and CTO who is an investor in my startup
  • Letter from the CTO of my current company in Singapore
  • Letter from the CEO of a health NGO I built an AI chatbot for. This product got featured in NASDAQ and got funded by UKaid and NIHR.

MC

1. CTO at fintech company that did over $1 million in revenue - Contract showing 3% equity in company, Github code contributions, News clipping and link to app with over 20k downloads

2. Mentor and Guest speaker at Google Developer Student Club event - Screenshots of Invitation Letter, Event flier and picture of me delivering the lecture.

3. High salary - Contract agreement of over $52k as compared to less than $15k in Nigeria as shown by levelsfyi and Glassdoor. Last 3 payslips

4. Hackathon won with my team in the Chicago, US - Emails exchanged and prize award of $30k

5. Contribution to a health NGO AI chatbot and product that got featured on NASDAQ - Github Code contribution, news clipping

OC 2

1. Mentor at Google Developer Group (GDG) - Invitation letter, Slack group, meeting activities
  2. Speaker at Google developer student CLUB event - Event flier, pictures at event, Link to presentation
  3. Mentor and Guest speaker at Hackathon - Invitation Letter, Letter of appreciation, picture at event, link to presentation

OC 3

1. Founded an automation marketing and AI company - Certification of incorporation in the US, Product featured on Segment, Screenshot of amplitude dashboard showing user composition for US, UK and Africa, screenshot of Dashboard and Github code contribution.

2. Engineering Lead in Startup in Singapore - Detailed technical contribution, screenshot of architectural diagram, Trello activity trail and product screenshots

I am planning to submit in a few days. Please can I get your feedback on this @Francisca_Chiedu @ask4jubad @May @alexnk @Ido_Moshe. Thank you.

For you optional criteria 3, aside certificate of registration, has the startup generated revenue?

Not really. We are still on free Beta, thus not all users on our beta program are not paying a fee

MC-3, ensure that the salary benchmark is from the same country.

MC-4: Winning the hackthon with the prize is great. You should add the background and popularity of the event as well.
For OC3. Ensure that you can list out the numeric and quantifiable metrics to show the real business impact.Traffic, downloads or new users generation may also be a good metrics. Squeeze the most out of it.

I think you have a good profile. If you have more than 5 years of experience in digital technology field, then you must apply for Talent route.

Best of luck @samurai

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @alexnk

@samurai

OC3(9) - Does the Certificate of Incorporation bear your name??

MC4 - Could you get a reference letter from the organizers??

OC2 - please include audience statistics in all cases.

Overall, a good-to-go profile.:+1:t4:

1 Like

Hi @ask4jubad,

OC3(9) - Yes, it does.

MC4 - That would take a bit more time. Decided to proceed without it.

OC2- Alright, will do.

Thanks for the feedback

1 Like