IHS refund - some questions

Hi all

I already spent >3 years on my skilled worker visa, which is valid until 2024. I got endorsed for Talent and I plan to apply for one year GTV (a bit redundant since I automatically become eligible for ILR).

My IHS is already paid until 2024. two questions:

• do I pay now £600 and then ask for a refund later?
  • is the refund process straightforward? anyone with similar experience care to share?
  • do I get refund for only the new £600? or retrospectively according to my new date of becoming eligible for ILR?

Thanks!

When you apply for Global Talent you’ll have to pay for the full IHS fee.

Then you can write to IHS on the grounds of paying the IHS fee twice.

I’ve had experience of overlapping IHS payment and I wrote to them including information of the two applications:

Date:
Name:
IHS reference number:

I was advised I’m eligible for a refund if I made the IHS payment twice to cover the same or overlapping periods of the IHS payment.

The email I wrote to was:
TransactionalServicesCorrespondence@homeoffice.gov.uk

But you can check the latest guideline to confirm.

5 Likes

Many thanks May! Hopefully you’ve got the refund you’ve asked for?

Sure. I got the refund.

normally i receive the refunds automatically after applying and whole procedure completes. It takes a couple of weeks.

Hello, can you choose the payment method of the refund?

For example, if the the first IHS payment for Skilled Worker was made through the lawyer (my company sends money to the lawyer, the lawyer pays online) and then the second IHS payment when switching to a Global Talent visa was made from my personal payment account, who gets the refund? The lawyer, my personal payment account, or can I choose?

Thanks!

Hey, did you get the refund to the payment method used for the first payment, the second or could you choose?

Hi,

The same situation with me. It’s been more than 10 weeks passed I haven’t received a IHS refund automatically. Today, I did an email on
nhsbsa.IHSreimbursements@nhs.net
IHSrefunds@homeoffice.gov.uk

Is there any other email address which I need to include?

Thanks.

Hi May,

The same situation with me. It’s been more than 10 weeks passed I haven’t received a IHS refund automatically. Today, I did an email on
nhsbsa.IHSreimbursements@nhs.net
IHSrefunds@homeoffice.gov.uk

Is there any other email address which I need to include?

Thanks.
[/quote]

@Pawan_Kojhani You might want to send them another email including the IHS reference number for both applications.

@May

Thanks for your prompt response!

I have mentioned everything in the email also yesterady I forwarded the same email by asking any update. No response. Its been more than 10 weeks I haven’t received the refund.

Thanks.

hi @nash_mills! wonder if you have any updates on the refund? I’m in the same situation - company paid for my IHS till 2024 for my current tier 2 visa, but wonder if I switch to Tier 1, would the surcharge be refunded and would it be directly back to the company?

Hello, can you kindly share how long it took to arrive?
Thanks

I got my IHS refund back automatically in less than 24 hours after successful email of GTV. I didn’t contact them

1 Like