Help me to calculate the cost of visa

Hello friends, please help me understand how the cost of a visa is calculated.

The official page say:

It costs £608 to apply.

If you’re applying based on an endorsement, you’ll pay the £608 in two parts:

• £456 when you apply for the endorsement
• £152 when you apply for the visa itself

If you’re applying based on an eligible award, you’ll pay the full £608 when you apply for the visa.

If you’re including your partner or children in your application, they’ll each need to pay £608.

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application - this is usually £624 per year for each person applying.

Do I understand correctly that the visa cost (and related payments) for me, my partner and 4 children will be:

£456 - endorsement
£152 - visa itself
5 x £608 = £3040 - visa fee for my partner and kids
6 x £624 = £3744 - healthcare sucharge for 6 person for 1 year
Total: £7392

Ouch.

Am I correct in my calculations?

you are correct. You may need to apply for more than a year if not you have to renew your visa after one year.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, Francisca!

As far as I understand, the duration of the visa affects the healthcare component only, not the cost of the visa fee itself?

I read that it is possible to pay healthcare payment annually, not the whole amount at once.

you can pay annually, it simply means you only get one year visa. each time you extend you have to pay 608 visa fee.

1 Like

You need to apply atleast for 3 years since that is the duration after which u can apply for a residency.
It is outrageously expensive if you have a big family. I don’t understand why they can’t let the NHS subcharges be paid on an annual basis.

You think it’s outrageously expensive? 624 pounds per year is paying 52 pounds per month for insurance. I think the assumption is that most people on this visa earn high income so paying should not be a problem. There is currently no proof of fund for Global talent again I guess this is because recipients are high income earners. I appreciate that some people may have large families but the alternative is to pay for the years you can afford. I had to put this out here so that prospective applicants understand the financial implications.