Endorsement received (Promise). I applied as a Product designer (UI/UX)

Hi, here are my documents. (Promise). I applied as a Product designer (UI/UX)

1. Personal statement (974 words): I talked about how I got into Tech, despite studying pharmacy, my work at an NGO, building three open source tools, working as Head of Design at my current company, my work as a teaching assistant and mentor, and how I want to contribute to the UK Tech Community as well as where I would be living.

2. 3 Reference letters: From the Founder of the NGO I worked at, The CEO of my current company and the Co-founder of another company I work at.

3. 3-paged CV

Mandatory Criteria:
1. How do I demonstrate I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years?: The evidence I led the growth of a product-led digital technology company: I spoke about my work at my current company, one of the products I designed was acquired. I also spoke about the results of the project.
I am currently the Head of Design. I also own stock options at the company. I attached Figma screenshots, my stock options and the company’s Crunchbase profile.

2. How do I demonstrate I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years?: The evidence I command a high salary for my services.: I spoke about my pay at my current company compared with Payscale and Glassdoor. I also attached screenshots, plus my stock options.
I included salaries from my other jobs too.

3. How do I demonstrate I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years? The evidence I led the growth of a non-profit organisation with a focus on the digital technology sector: I spoke about my work at the NGO and the impact of my designs, including how I designed banners across Nigeria for a campaign to raise awareness and increase policy and financial support for mental health. This campaign led to the passage of a new mental health law.

4. How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised as (or recognised as having the potential to be) a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years? The evidence I led an open-source project: I spoke about one of the open-source projects I founded and led. A Figma plugin called Tints and Shades. I attached a screenshot of the design in Figma and also a review on the Figma community. This has over 26k installs.

Optional Criteria:
1. How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector? Evidence of mentorship: I spoke about my work as a Teaching Assistant and Mentor outside my regular job. I also talked about my speaking engagements at two events. I attached screenshots of the email and flyer invites and the appreciation package that was sent to me. I also talked about the impact of my mentorship on the students.

2. How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contribution in the digital technology sector either as a founder, entrepreneur or employee of a digital technology company? The evidence I led in the development of high-impact digital products.: I talked about the three open source projects that I founded and led, Tints and shades, ColoursNG and Sitesnap. I attached screenshots of the projects and the Figma designs. I also attached design websites that recommended one of these tools.

3. How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contribution in the digital technology sector either as a founder, entrepreneur or employee of a digital technology company? The evidence I led in the development of high-impact digital products or services: I spoke about my work at a different startup and the impact of my design. I attached screenshots of the company’s Cruchnbase profile, my Figma designs and the LinkedIn recommendation from the Founder.

These were all the documents I submitted.

All the best to everyone looking to apply or still waiting.

11 Likes

Good job thank you for sharing

Thanks for sharing Sebiomo … this made it easy for me to streamline my docs