Confused about IHS form for GTV with dependent in the UK

Hello everyone,

I’m having some trouble filling out the IHS form and was wondering if anyone can offer some advice. I’m currently in the UK with a Tier 2 (General) visa along with my dependent, and I’m planning to switch to a Global Talent Visa with my dependent. I want to make a 3-year Global Talent Visa payment, including my dependent in the process.

I’m a bit confused about a section of the form that asks about my relationship with someone already residing in the UK (see screenshot below). Since my dependent and I are already in the UK and don’t plan to leave, it seems logical to fill out this section. However, when I provide my dependent’s information (including her existing PBS dependant Tier 2 and expiration date), the form asks me to pay a 1-year fee for both of us. I’m not sure if it is because we don’t need to pay again because we already have an ongoing visa, or if this field of the form is not applicable to our case.

If I skip this section, the form asks me to pay a 3-year fee for both of us, which I believe is the correct payment amount. But I’m still unsure if I should be filling out this section or not.

If anyone has had a similar experience or can provide some insight into this matter, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I came across a post mentioning a bug with the date of expiry on the IHS payment screen, but I couldn’t find any further details. @ganesh002 , if you could provide more information about the bug and how you implemented a solution for it, that would be much appreciated.

Additionally, I was wondering if there is an email or phone number I can use to contact IHS or the Home Office about this issue. I’ve already sent two emails to [ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gov.uk] since last Thursday, but haven’t received a response yet. I also tried emailing [healthsurchargefeedback@homeoffice.gov.uk] and [healthsurchargefeedback@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk], but neither email seems to be working.

If anyone has any advice or recommendations, please let me know.

I took the risk and paid the IHS fee without filling in the “Are you applying to join or remain with a person already in the UK?” section. I could find the biometrics appointment on the same day, did it, and my files are sent to the home office. No issues so far.

I have paid for 3 years of my IHS cost, 2 months ago for a skilled worker visa. I got endorsed for exceptional promise. It still says I must pay 3120 for each applicant (my wife n I). How do I get the refund? You seem to be going through the same issue. Any luck?